Monday, August 26, 2013

Miracles happen! Both at home and in Argtentina!

Hello Everybody!!!!
     Wow, life at home sounds crazy! Everything from the car problems, to the stake water activity (which sounded like a lot of fun), to Dallins basketball lessons haha! But I do have one question. Dad, you said you will be going to Bluewater for Trish and Gordons big day, but what is this big day? I haven´t heard anything about it! Amy, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I never got to meet her, but she sounded like an amazing woman! Mom, Im glad you are really starting to enjoy seminary now! Who all do you have in your class, amybody that I know? Dad, come on, seminary isnt that bad! I got to teach it a few times before leaving and I really enjoyed it!
       Well, we had an incredible week, and we found a few people who are amazing. First we were walking in the middle of nowhere and we see this guy sitting on this little hill. But he starts yelling ¡Hermanos, venir! or come here! (Usually when this happens they are super drunk) luckilly this time he wasnt. His name was Jose Barverdi, and he just tells, Hermanos, I need your help. I know you have God on your side, and that is what I need. Then through his tearsf he told us how he just lost his job and how about a month back his son had an accident at work and cant walk. So there we taught the plan of salvation and about the priesthood. So tomorrow he is having us come over to give his son a priesthood blessing. So that will be interesting. But he is an awesome guy! And then yesterday we had a sita with an investigator, pero it fell through. Of course we were pretty sad and frustrated because it was the 2nd that day that fell through. But we decided to just try contacting some houses farther down that road. So we are walking y I recieved a prompting to stop at a house. So we clap y a lady answers. We start talking to her through another barred door and I pull out a picture of Christ  and start to give it to her but I stop. I pull it back and instead I grab a pass along card with the question ´´Can we live with our families after this life?´´. She read it and she just looks up at us and starts crying. She opens the barred door and comes outside with us. She tells us, ´´I have had that question so many times lately. My mother just passed away 15 days ago. Can you answer that question?´´. So we also taught her the plan of salvation and she got so excited when we promised that she can live with her mom again. So we have a return sita with her for this week. The problem its about an hour walk from the pench, but its so worth it!
      We got to go back and have another lesson with Natalia this past week! But we ended up reading with her from the Book of Mormon and it went great! We committed her to keep reading and then to pray. And then we set  baptismal date for her. It will be a lot of work because she has a smoking problem, but with the Lord on our side, we can get over that road block!
     Well, sounds like everybody is doing amazing at home. Thank you all so much for your Love and your support. Have a great week and I look forward to hearing from you next week! I love you all!!

Elder Wengert-W9



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment