Monday, June 3, 2013

Hello everybody,
    Well Dallin, you have always been that example to me, and my hero. And heroes always win, so you've got this. I got a phone call from President Wilkey Friday night and I was super excited because of how great he is. But then he asked if I could go in another room that was more private and there he said a prayer with me and told me the news. Just a whirl of emotion surrounded me. I didn't know what to think or let alone feel. Elder Varney gave me a blessing which was a huge help, but I was still being selfish. I was thinking about me and how it was affecting me. But then my trainer came up to me and said "Elder Wengert, could I have blessing". I was a little confused at first but of course I did. But it was amazing. The blessing that I gave him directly was for me tambien. And it made me realize, I need to focus on other people. Stop being so selfish! Forget yourself and get to work!! So Dallin, even though I can't be there next to you, helping you, and loving you, I can do that from here, and do even more. A mission is as family effort. Families receive blessings for missionary service. So remember that you have to special missionaries serving and working hard for you. So many people are praying for you! Well it has still been an incredible week. Prakash continues to work towards his baptism. About a week and a half ago we asked him if he knew anybody that would be interested in learning about  Jesus Christ, but he wasnt really sure at the time. Pero, we come back to his house a few days later and there sitting on his couch is 5 of his friends. Waiting to learn from us. 4 of those 5 are now investigators and are having regular lessons form us. And now because of Prakash we are teaching his older brother as well. It is just so amazing to see. We also have a new investigator as well named Patricia. She is kind of crazy but she loves church so much. After her first lesson she told us that she wanted to get baptized and her daughters as well. But we havent gotten to the word of wisdom yet, and that is going to be a big issue for her. But she is looking very promising. Well last Thursday we got permission from President Wilkey to got down to Lawrence Massachusetts for the day. Lawrence is just about a Spanish speaking town. It is a town of all Dominicans from the Dominican Republic so probably about 90% of the population there is Spanish speaking. It was pretty crazy and even more ghetto than here in Manchester, but it was so awesome. A full day of just Spanish. We got to teach a few lessons, a bunch of street contacting, and even got to do a blessing. It was great. Well I am just about out of time. I hope all of you have a great week, and  please keep me updated. Dallin, I love you brother!! And I love all the rest of you!

Elder Wengert-W9           



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment