Thursday, April 25, 2013

Week 4

Hello family,
Grandma Allen, how can I ever thank you for package. Those cookies and the cake, oh my goodness haha, so delicious!! And Mom, thank you so much for the package as well. It made my week! Sounds like everything is going well down in Marana. Jordan, sounds like you are doing so good in softball. Way to start winning once I leave haha! Maybe I shouldnt come home for you senior season so that you will win all of those games too haha! So Dad, I have two teachers here, Hermano Woodhouse and Hermano Barrio. But Hermano Barrio is from the Mormon Colonies, and he even knows Grier Johnson. It is crazy how small the world is. Well last sunday I got taken out as the District leader, but I am now one of the Zone Leaders along with mi companero Elder Varney. But it has been great! We got a new District yesterday of 6 Elders and 3 Hermanas. But Elder Varney and I got to get to know them last night a little bit and we get to meet with them again tonight where we explain the importance of companionships, companionship inventory, and then take them on a tour. But I just love how much service being a ZL has already given me. So I got to be a Host yesterday for the new missionaries coming in and it was seriously way cool. It was just about split in half 50/50 having about 300 new Elders and 300 new Hermanas. But belief it or not, right now 600 coming in is small right now. The MTC is really starting to prep for the flow of missionaries that will be coming in after high school graduation. It was funny though, while I was hosting, a missionary comes in riding in an RV, and family member after family membe comes crawling out to say goodbye haha! But he made use of the one car rule for each missionar right haha! Nae Nae, Im still waiting on a picture of your pearly whites!!! And I need to see a picture of Festuses girl haha! Well it has been a super busy week. Unfortunatley we havent had too many chances to teach our regular investigators Carlos and Victor because of sickness and college Finals for our teachers. But we got a lot of practice in for door approches and teaching a first lesson which has been so nice. Our door approaches needed some help but we are doing much better now haha. I get to see Sara every once in while. Usually like once a day so that is way fun. And I am way excited for Randy to be coming in next week. Im hoping to be able to host again next week so I can welcome him in that way! What else is new at home? Have any new mission calls come in for anybody? Or do you know of anybody else that is reporting here soon? Well I still havent heard anything about my Visa, but I think we are supposed to be getting more Information about that tonight, so lets keep our fingers crossed!! But if all goes as planned, I leave May 6 for a nice short 15 hours of flying haha! So like a week and a half left hopefully. Well I love you all and can't thank you enough for your support. Have a wondeful week and I look forward to hearing from you next week.
Elder Wengert-W9

No comments:

Post a Comment